DEPARTMENT: Group Benefits
LOCATION: Mississauga, Ontario
REPORTS TO: AVP, Operations
This position is responsible for developing long-term relationships with your portfolio of assigned brokers. You will liaise between brokers and our insurance carrier representatives to ensure the timely and successful delivery of client presentations (new business and renewals) for potential clients as well as existing ones.
- Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to your assigned brokers.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting broker relationships and insurance carrier representatives.
- Maintain full workload on our internal filing system (SharePoint)
- Attach vital emails as well as documents (Rates Adjustments, Advisor Commissions, Plan Amendments, etc.) into Case Document Library for easy access in times of need for fellow employees
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of client presentations (new business/ renewal) for potential clients as well as existing ones
- Renewals – 30 days prior to the renewal date
- New Business – 10 business days / 15 business days (large group)
- Market groups as per broker requests
- Collect data such as carrier reports, employee census and information requested to send the group to market
- Process new Requests to Quote by reviewing them for accuracy and submitting them to the respective insurance carrier
- Work together with the Advisor and Account Managers to finalize the new sale documents and manage new sales as required
- Illustrate the group’s claims experience as well as current plan design
- Analyze proposals from carriers for new prospects (rates, plan design, TLR, etc.)
- Analyze claims utilization and plan design, obtain cost containment/ enhancement options with rate impact and implement contract changes